Talk of the moment for game-lover is now Fortnite game. Here we will guide you to play it on your android phone using the Steam Link android app. First of all, have a look at the requirements to play Fortnite on Android.
Requirements to play Fortnite on Android
The arrival of Fortnite to Android has taken us all by surprise, but those who want to take action a little earlier can do so through Steam Link if you have
- a compatible PC,
- a controller/pad and
- a decent connection.
There are some little things that we have to tell you about this method, but come on, in 5 minutes or less, you’ll be playing Fortnite on your Android smartphone.
First, you need a PC or Mac with Windows and Steam, and you must link Fortnite to your Steam client, adding it as a non-Steam game, since Epic has not published it on that platform. The biggest drawback is that this method only works when the phone and the PC are on the same Wi-Fi network.
How to add a game in Steam?
Now you need to configure Steam to play Fortnite game on Android Smartphone. These steps will show you “how to add Fortnite games on Steam”.
- Open Steam. Make sure you have logged in to a Steam account.
- Click on “Add a game” in the lower left corner of the screen.
- Then click on “Add a game that is not Steam.” This will generate a long list of installed programs.
- Ignore all. Click on “Search” in the bottom bar of the window.
- What we are looking for is to find a file called “FortniteLauncher.exe“.
- In Windows, the default location of the game should be C:ProgramFilesEpic GamesFortniteFortniteGameBinariesWin64
Connect your Android phone with PC to play Fortnite on Android?
Now we cover all the necessary steps which will allow you to play Fortnite on Android in an easiest way (if you have a decent connection and router):
- Download the Steam Link app from the Play Store. Ignore this steps, If you already have it on your android phone.
- Connect from your smartphone to the same network as your PC and then start the application.
- You must detect your PC, and you must put a PIN on the host (the PC) for everything to work.
- Start your Bluetooth command, or USB driver, open Steam Link on your smartphone and match it.
- Open your Steam account on the PC and execute the BIG PICTURE mode (top right).
Almost all compatible Bluetooth drivers will not need configuration; Steam Link will use Steam’s built-in control reassignment so that your PC treats it automatically as an Xbox 360 controller. Enjoy!
As long as your internet connection and PCs are powerful enough, you can play Fortnite on your Android phone.
Whenever you want, as if you’re taking a bath (watch out and make sure you have a waterproof smartphone), sitting on the porch, lying on the couch or while you make bigger waters, etc.